The Back of the Book: An intelligent and practical guide to the Bible.
Informative, thought-provoking and very, very readable, The Bible Book will help you explore the most famous book in the world. Informal, but informed, simple but never simplistic, it tackles the Bible with honesty, humour and invetiveness. This book won’t baffle you with jargon, but it won’t insult your intelligence either.
- Quick Guide – at-a-glance introductions to every book of the Bible.
- Questions, Questions – a lighter look at the difficult issues.
- Tricky Bits – explanations of the things that make you go ‘hmmm’.
- Route Planner – a guide to how each Bible book is put together.
- Landmarks – the important events and themes of the Bible.
- Postcards – introducing the cities and countries of the Bible.
- Details, Details – those fascinating facts that might go unnoticed.
- Viewpoints – a guide to opposing interpretations.
- Brief Lives – a quick summary of major Bible characters.
Now completely revised with over 60 new maps and diagrams and additional content from Nick Page.