The Back of the Book: Top marks cannot be guaranteed – but there are proven approaches and techniques that can help everyone write good essays.
The third edition of this indispensable guide builds on the success of the previous editions, offering fully updated and expanded advice in an even more accessible format. The author provides answers to the key questions students face when preparing essays:
- What do tutors look for when marking essays?
- What kind of skills will be needed at different course levels?
- How can inadvertent plagiarism be avoided?
- What are the protocols for referencing?
In addition, Good Essay Writing
- shows you how to approach different types of essay questions;
- provides detailed guidelines on how to support and sustain key arguments;
- addresses common worries;
- makes extensive use of worked examples, including complete essays, which are fully analysed and discussed; and
- encapsulates all the key points in easy to digest summaries.
Good Essay Writing will benefit social science students who want to improve their essay writing skills and achieve better grades.