The Back of the Book: The Oxford Shakespeare offers authoritative texts from leading scholars in editions designed to interpret and illuminate the plays for modern readers.
- a new, modern-spelling text, collated and edited from all existing printings.
- the only edition to include both the 1599 Quarto and also the ‘bad’ Quarto of 1597.
- on-page commentary and notes explain meaning, staging, allusions, and much else.
- detailed introduction considers composition, sources performances, and changing critical attitudes to the play.
- illustrated with production photographs, film stills, and related art.
- full index to introduction and commentary.
- durable sewn binding for lasting use.
NotJustLaura’s Review: I read this, including the Introduction, for A177. A lot of the Introduction whizzed over my head but the play itself was wonderful and something I might actually read again for pleasure!