I posted about this challenge a couple of days ago and, today, Katie Fox asks us:
How do you feel about a week with no TV?
I am really looking forward to it. Really looking forward to it. It’s type it in CAPS if that wasn’t shouting. I’ve made some rules for myself:
- No TV programmes, scheduled or recorded.
- No TV magazine.
- Radio is not TV and, therefore, it is permitted.
- Radio accessed via the TV is permitted because I don’t have a radio in the living room and I need my radio!
- No DVDs unless they’re coursework (and I don’t think I’ll be using DVDs for the next part of my studies).
- The internet is not TV and, therefore, it is permitted.
- Video accessed via the computer/internet is not permitted.
And I think that covers all eventualities.
Are you going to participate? Are you looking forward to it? What rules have you made for yourself?