The lovely Emily over at Practically Pink has introduced me to a new challenge which she’s hosting this month. It’s called Feelin’ Feminine. The basic idea is that one commits to wearing only skirts/dresses for one week from Sunday to Saturday. Ladies are encouraged to make themselves look nice but modest and to share photos of their outfits throughout the week. It’s suggested that one reviews the week at the end with the following questions:
- How was the experience for you?
- Any particular stories?
- Did wearing skirts rather than pants affect the way you felt?
- The way you felt about yourself?
- The way you acted?
- The way you carried yourself?
- Were you able to go about everyday activity as freely as pants?
- How did people respond?
- Were you more respected?
- Did you feel more like a lady?
- After the challenge do you desire to keep wearing skirts more regularly, or were you desperate to wear pants again?
The photos thing isn’t going to happen for me (sometimes living alone isn’t quite as much fun) but I do commit to skirts/dresses only for one week and sharing the review next Sunday (or Monday – there’s a time gobbling monster in this house …)
You’re welcome to join me.